Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Half Marathon

For the past 12 weeks or so I have been running, It all started with wanting to do a 5K and then jumping to a 15 k which was so hard. My friend Wendy has run a ton of half Marathons and somehow I got talked into do it! It was hard, challenging and fun all at the same time. I am so glad I did it;) It is completely true when you hear people say running is mental defiantly physical as well, but it messes with your head when you are trying to push yourself to the limit. I work out often too, so running is what seems to challenge me the most. I was not trying to do this to beat a certain time, I just wanted to accomplish it! I am so happy that I did.
The weather was perfect and comfortable most of the time till it hit about 80 degrees at that point I wished the race started a hour sooner. We ran through Highland village it was gorgeous and those homes are unbelievable. It was a beautiful scenic route. The finish line ended at fair view park, where we were give ice cold towels that felt heavenly! I was not doing this for time, but was very pleased with myself when I finished 45 minutes sooner than the time I gave myself to finish!!!!
It is super cool to see so many people come out and support you and cheer you. So many people made signs, through highland park there were people hosing you off as you ran by there house, and of course there were bands playing music every so many miles. Despite that fact that is was physically challenging I would do it again I had a great time and am so glad I did it.
Wendy and me at the start line before the race
We started so far back you cant see the start line anymore. there were 18000 runners Its was great to see these two cuties cheering me on at mile 8 This was a quick shot while running throw Highland park

1 comment:

Eric and Amy said...

You inspire me! We SO would have been one of your cheering squad. Wish we could have been there! Although I really should have been right beside you the whole time ;).