Friday, February 13, 2009

First Tornado Warning......

Tuesday around nine thirty at night we were very focused on the evening news. Dallas was having a tornado yeah you heard me tornado warning I couldn't believe my ears either. I thought that they started in the spring. Well I guess they can come in the winter also. If the weather is right. So Gerret was trying to go to sleep because he of course had to get up before the butt crack of dawn. While in the process of going to bed we all heard the sirens go off. It was scary but Hilarius at the same time because Gerret bolted to the linen closet and some how got himself tucked into it for safe keeping. I had to get a picture of this. He looks very safe in that small space. No tornado touched down in Dallas but it did on the border of Oklahoma and fifteen people were killed by it. I have never in life heard rain come down so hard before and the wind was blowing so hard. By that point I was picturing myself back in California by the beach on a warm day. Nothing catastrophic happened but it was somewhat scary for us California's who have never been though that before. When have been though crazy bad snow storms in New York and fires in Cali but, first time for the Tornado warning. They say Dallas really doesn't have to many of them but those fifteen minutes while it was going one was intense. Then get this the next day 65 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Talk about sporadic weather.

6 comments:

Angella said...

Haha! Now, this makes me laugh! I miss you guys!!!

Crystal said...

What? Already?? I've been so afraid of those my whole life. And I was horrified to learn that people in Dallas don't have basements!!! That's the only thing that kept me form losing my head every time we had tornado warnings in Missouri (which was like every day in May). I'm not excited about this news.

On a happier note, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!!

Danny and Veronica said...

Oh Gerret

Our Little Family said...

Hey!! I found your blog through Ashley Hardy (Johnson). Welcome to Texas! We are down in San Antonio. If you are ever in our neck of the woods, give us a call! Kevin has family in the Dallas area, so next time we go up there, we will have to get together. -Ashley

Erin & Daren said...

You made Daren and I laugh so hard! We love and miss you guys and are glad that you are having fun out there. Can't wait to see you next month!

The Mighty Montgomery's said...

Scardecat! Dad