Saturday, June 28, 2008

Take what you can when you can get it!


Gerret got a call yesterday from Homeland Security telling him to get ready he's leaving on sunday afternoon to go to Philidelphia for a few months. I was speechless when he told me Iam sooooo sad now I guess in my mind I figured that they were strining him along and that it wasn't going to happen and now he gonna be gone, Iam going to be husbandless for a few months man that sucks. I have to focus on the positive side of things he's working what a blessing especially right now when the economy is suffering greatly and thousands of people are being laid off. Its funny though that they can make things happen so incredibly fast when they want them to and in the mean time you just waiting hummmmmm is all I can say to that. Well that is the lastest we are excited to see where this going and where it will take us, hopefully not back on the east coast to live but I guess whatever. You gotta take what you can get right when the opportunity comes along right.

3 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

How exciting!!!! Philly's a cool city, lots of history there. Gerret will love it, I'm sure, although I am sure it will be a long few months for the two of you. Call us when you get lonely! :) And who knows, if the East coast is the place to be for you guys for a while, there could be much worse. Hey, he could have been sent to North Dakota or Oklahoma or something....no offense to any of you who have lived there ;). It will be a great experience for him and the both of you. Cherish it. It will go quickly!!

Professor Price said...

I did not understand is Gerrett working for homeland security or did he get detained by homeland security? But now that he is in Phila, can he play on our softball team? And football in the fall?

Angella said...

Whoa. Way to go, Gerret! I'm sad for you, though, Sarah. I can't say I would like to be in your shoes and be husband-less. BUT he is getting a paycheck and you don't have to work at the hospital anymore!!! :)