Tuesday, December 11, 2012

13.1

I was fortunate enough to run my second half marathon, this time around with my good friend Becky! We did the race in San Antonino, It was a fun place to visit and check out some cool site before the big day. I had some training injuries this time, I had tarsal compression on the top of my left foot. it feels like chin splints but on the foot;( no fun and still hasn't healed all the way. I was able to finish the race though and beat my previous time by 10 minutes wahoooo! I was super happy about that!
 Before the race we spent some time on the boardwalk, took a boat ride and saw the Alamo. The night before we ate one of the best Italian restaurants ever and carb loaded;)  ( I wish I could eat pasta and bread every day.) It was a super fun weekend with great friends! Thanks Gerret and Sean for supporting us during this half. Looking forward to the next one!

                                                              Out in front of the Alamo
                                                                  on the River walk

                                                 Right before the race ( notice the smile.)

                                                               What were we thinking......
                                                 one of my favorite shots while running
                   We made it and survived;) Thanks Becky for running this with me it was a blast!!


found out a week after the race that I actually had a stress fracture on my left foot. total bummer no running for 6-8 weeks. what am I gonna do. I have grown to love running. I hope this heals fast for my sake.

1 comment:

Eric and Amy said...

You are my hero Sarah. One of these days maybe I'll have courage to go beyond a 5k! Keep it up!