Monday, March 17, 2008

One Year Anniversary

Wow, today is March 17th, St. Patrick's Day, which iss our one year anniversary. I can't believe how fast the time flies. It has been one crazy and great year here in New York. I remember this time last year I was freaking out to move across the country to a place I had never heard of before and for what? Only the best guy ever! I am so grateful for Gerret and the man that he is and for allowing me to grow while having the patience that he has with me. I can be a really pessimistic person and a pain in the butt and he completely balances me out. I have truly been blessed to have him in my life and nothing has been the same since we starting dating pretty much at my brother Danny and Veronica's wedding. Life has only gotten better from that day on and continues to do so. I know this is kind of a corny tribute to my Husband but I really am just the happiest girl in the world to have him by my side. He makes every day full of laughs and great times and for those of you who know me well, that is one of my favorite things to do, just being able to laugh. He is so smart and such a hard worker. I have honestly never seen someone pull so many all-nighters. Between working technically two jobs (the sorority and the library) and taking 17 units at Cornell... you must be out of your mind or an incredible worker. I know that all his hard and diligent work and efforts will pay off in the long run.
Here is a little history about Gerret and me. We have known each other since we were in seventh grade and we were in the same family ward back in Carlsbad. In high school I had the biggest crush on him. He was a football player, really smart and really, really good looking and he of course was Mr. Popular. Everyone loved him. I was non-existent at this time of his life and I never would have thought at that point that I would end up marrying him. Heavenly Father really does have a plan for everyone. It has been amazing with him by side so far. Yeah, so we aren't the perfect couple but I feel I have the perfect guy for me and am so grateful for him every day. Happy Anniversary Gerret! Thank you for everything that you are and do!
Here are some pictures of our wedding!





4 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Anniversary guys! You are the cutest couple ever! And Sarah just for the record you were not nonexistent.... he was watching you :) Love you guys & hope you make it out here! :) Have a great day!

MEL

Danny and Veronica said...

Happy Anniversary!! Congratulations on such an eventful and productive year:)
We love you!
D&V

Angella said...

You are so pretty, Sarah!

The Mighty Montgomery's said...

Sarah and Gerret! Just read your Blog and I am so happy that you are both sooooo happy. Love grows stronger each year if you work at it! Love, MOM MONTGOMERY!